What is Sofwave™?
Starting in our mid-20s, collagen and elastin begin to break down, causing our skin to wrinkle and lose its elasticity. Sofwave™ is a clinically proven, non-invasive approach to remodeling collagen, which improves facial lines and wrinkles and a lifting effect to the eyebrows, neck, and submental region.
Using proprietary Synchronous Ultrasound Parallel Beam SUPERB™ technology, ultrasound energy precisely passes through the skin’s surface (the epidermis), heating the mid-dermal tissue at just the precise depth and temperature to rejuvenate collagen fibers and improve the overall appearance of the skin.
- Most patients showed significant improvement after one treatment.
- FDA cleared to treat facial lines and wrinkles and lift the eyebrows, submental, and neck.
- Non-surgical – minimal downtime – 30-45-minute treatment.
Clinically proven technology
A multi-center clinical study evaluated the clinical effects of Sofwave™’s technology on facial wrinkles, most patients were marked as improved or significantly improved 12 weeks after a single treatment
Safe and effective
Proprietary Synchronous Ultrasound Parallel Beam SUPERB™ technology with integrated cooling Sofcool™, while ensuring no damage to the epidermis or to the underlying structures beneath the dermis
Ultrasound energy precisely passes through the skin’s surface, heating the mid-dermal tissue at just the right depth and temperature to rejuvenate collagen fibers. Patients can get right back to normal life quickly following treatment
Fast, 30 – 40 min Treatment
This quick full face treatment, easy to perform and, patients love the fact that this procedure can fit into an active lifestyle at any time of the day
Treats all skin types
Darker skin types are more susceptible to burns with the different light-based therapies. With Ultrasound, the treatment is safe and effective regardless of the patient’s skin type
High patient satisfaction
In a multi-center clinical study, 72% of the patients were satisfied with their results and rated them as improved to very much improved
How does Sofwave™ work?
The depth for treating wrinkles is 1.5mm in the mid-dermis. Our unique, Synchronous Ultrasound Parallel Beam SUPERB™ technology generates heat at this exact depth in the mid-dermis. Additionally, there is an integrated cooling mechanism Sofcool ™ that protects the uppermost skin layer from burning.
The impacted treatment zones stimulate a healing response, called neo-collagenases, which increases and regenerates the collagen in the skin, leading to the reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, and lifting the eyebrow, submental and neck.
The evaluation of wrinkles treatments
- Sofwave™’s Ultrasound TechnologySofwave™ is the next-gen ultrasound technology, non-invasive treatment, with a typical treatment time of ~30-45 minutes, can actually be done during your lunch break. The treatment is safe for all skin colors and can be done on all facial areas
- Focused UltrasoundA new technology was introduced to medical aesthetics – ultrasound waves. The treatment, called “Ultherapy” used deep ultrasound to target wrinkles was introduced because it delivers energy into deep tissues, patients could feel a heating sensation and tingling below the dermis that can be difficult to tolerate, especially around more sensitive areas like the jawline.
- Fractional C02 laserFractional C02 laser system was launched as an alternative to the very deep ablative lasers that caused a lot of redness, discomfort and long recovery times. Because it treated only a fraction of the skin for tightening, It had less downtime than its predecessor, but stills has downtime and post procedure discomfort
- Injectable hyaluronicInjectable hyaluronic acid fillers (known also as - HA Fillers) was introduced in the USA by Galderma and it quickly became the second most popular non-surgical aesthetic treatment in the world.The addition of lidocaine to HA fillers made the injections much more comfortable. In many cases HA fillers can be an ideal non-invasive alternative to under eye wrinkle surgery
- BotoxBotox was first introduced as a treatment for fine lines around the mouth, though quickly gained popularity and expanded for additional areas of treatment such as wrinkles of the forehead, crow’s feet, and glabellar or creases between the brows.Year after year, it ranks as the No.1 non-surgical aesthetic treatment in the world
- Retin-ARetin-A marks the first milestone in a 20 year evolution of wrinkle treatment, rapidly becoming the golden standard of anti-aging ingredients in over-the-counter wrinkle creams..Results can be effective, but are not dramatic in wrinkle reduction