Sofwave is a highly effective treatment that delivers visible results in a single treatment.
We have put together some commonly asked questions to give you more information about Sofwave technology. If you have a question that you cannot find the answer to, please contact us, and we will answer you shortly.
NOTE: Clicking on the question will reveal the answer
- What is Sofwave?Starting in our mid-20’s, collagen and elastin start to break down causing our skin to wrinkle. Sofwave is a new, clinically proven, non-invasive approach to rebuilding collagen. Sofwave is FDA cleared for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles. Sofwave uses a unique delivery form of ultrasound waves, enabling a fast and safe treatment for all skin colors and can be done on the face.
- How does Sofwave work?Our unique, Synchronous Ultrasound Parallel Beam Technology SUPERB™ generates heat at the right depth of 1.5mm in the mid-dermis. Additionally, there is an integrated cooling SofCool™ mechanism that protects the uppermost skin layer from burning.The impacted treatment zones stimulate a healing response, called neocollagenesis, which increases and regenerates the collagen in the skin, leading to the reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
- How long is a typical Sofwave Treatment?The treatment itself is fast, taking approximately 30 - 40 minutes for the full face and neck region.
- How long does it take to see results?Immediate results can be seen as soon as 1 week following the treatment. However, the collagen regeneration process can sometimes take up to 12 weeks, so patients are expected to see ongoing improvements in 3 months after their treatment.
- How is Sofwave different from other cosmetic procedures?Today there are various invasive surgical options designed to treat facial lines and wrinkles. Yet, the need for non-invasive aesthetic treatments with proven efficacy, safety, and minimal downtime, are still unfulfilled. The more aggressive options can cause damage to the upper skin, which in turn, requires a long healing period and considerable downtime. Also, there is a higher risk of side effects, including discoloration and discomfort Sofwave’s unique technology enables the controlled delivery of energy, in terms of amount and location, while protecting the skin surface with an integrated cooling mechanism, without the interruption to your daily routine.
- What were Sofwave’s clinical results?At 3 months, a majority of patients were marked as improved to very much improved following a single treatment session only. 72% of the patients were satisfied with their results and rated them as improved too very much improved. The safety profile was strong with no serious adverse events reported by study participants.
- Can Sofwave replace a surgical procedure?Sofwave is a great alternative for those who are not ready to take that extra step and undergo plastic surgery. The results will be more dramatic in a surgical procedure, but there are risks involved with a surgical procedure, with the anesthesia and the occurrence of scar tissue
- What does the Sofwave treatment feel like?As the ultrasound energy is delivered, patients may a feel warmness of the skin, which can be resolved by applying a topical anaesthetic cream just before the treatment. Following treatment, there are no sensations and there is no need to apply special care to the skin. Patient may resume their daily activities quickly post treatment.
- How much does Sofwave cost?The cost of a Sofwave® treatment can vary based on geographic location, and from clinic to clinic. Exact pricing should be discussed with your physician before undergoing treatment.
- Is Sofwave safe?The safety profile was strong and there were no serious adverse events were reported by study participants. Part of the reason is that there is an integrated cooling mechanism Sofcool™ that protects the uppermost skin layer from burning.No device-related adverse events reported in the clinical study.
- How many treatments does it take?With Sofwave, most patients only need one treatment; however, some may benefit from an additional treatment, depending on their body’s physiological response to the treatment.
- What does collagen do? How does Sofwave stimulate the creation of collagen?Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness by keeping toned. As we age, collagen breaks down, and the result is sagging skin. Sofwave’s Synchronous Ultrasound Parallel Beam Technology SUPERB™ technology generates heat at a depth in the mid-dermis to promote new collagen growth.
- Who is a good candidate for Sofwave?A good candidate for Sofwave is typically, those in their 30s and older who have mild to moderate skin aging. The potential patient should have some degree of fine lines and wrinkles.